Links to Forth-related
Note: Additional websites of interest to Forth
enthusiasts can be found in the SVFIG Meeting
Potpourri of Forth Links
URLs - a Selection of Web-based Forth
from Forth Dimensions
- Bad link: The Mops Page
- The Mops public-domain development system for the Macintosh
with OOP capabilities like multiple inheritance and a class library supporting
the Macintosh interface.
Sergeant's Forth Page
- Pygmy Forth and related files.
- Embedded Software >
- "EG3 identifies, summarizes, and organizes the wealth of
Internet information available for practical electronic design."
- The Pocket Forth Repository
- Bad link: http://jldh449-1.intmed.mcw.edu/pf.html
- A haven for programs written using Chris Heilman's Pocket
Forth, a freeware Forth for the Macintosh.
Domain Pocket Forth
- AM Research, Inc.
- "Embedded Control Experts"
- AM Research has specialized in embedded control systems since
1979, and manufactures single-board computers as well as complete development
- Bad link: Forth on the Web
- A collection of links to on-line Forth resources.
- Bad link: Laboratory Microsystems, Inc.
- The commercial site of LMI, with product information.
- Mountain View
Press - The Forth Source
- Mountain View Press provides educational software and
hardware models of Forth with documentation for students and teachers.
- The Journal of
Forth Application and Research
- A refereed journal for the Forth community, from the
Institute for Applied Forth Research.
- Computer Solutions supplies tools for microprocessor
designers and programmers in the UK.
- MPE specializes in real-time and embedded systems.
- The Home of
the 4th Compiler
- A personal site rich in graphics and audio, as well as
Applications of Forth
- A large table presenting space-related applications of Forth
microprocessors and the Forth programming languages
- FORTH, Inc.
- Product descriptions, applications stories, links,
announcements, and a history of Forth
- Forth Interest
Group Home Page
- Extensive selection of links, files, education, and a
Information on Taygeta
- A selection of tools, applications, and information about the
Forth Scientific Library.
- Website highlights
- Information about Forth processors
- Offete Enterprises,
Inc. - on UltraTechnology's website
- Offete Enterprises has
Forths for many systems and documentation about some public-domain
- Forth Online
Resources Quick-Ref Card
- Extensive list of links to Forth enterprises and
- The Forth
- Peter Knaggs' list of Forth resources
Page on Forth
- Some of the search engine's hits on "Forth"
Groups - Forth
- The Open
Firmware Home Page
- Information published by the Open Firmware Working Group,
provided as a free service
- American National Standard Forth Information
- Bad link:
- Coutesy of Athena Programming, Inc., working documents are
posted here by direction of Technical Committee X3J14, at the discretion of the
Forth: The Standardization Process
- J14 Forth
- Java Lobby
- Rick Ross founded the organization, Java Lobby, which now has
17,000 members. They are involved in activities similar to FIG: advocating Java
functionality in all PCs. One of their projects is an independent Java
Operating Sustem, JOS. There could be a combined effort: FIG could contribute
to the development of JOS which could also promote the Forth Operating System.
- The Electronics Flea Market
is located in Cupertino, at DeAnza College. The flea market can be reached via
highways 85 or 280. The event is held on the second Saturday of the month from
March through October. Here is the
Directories / lists of manufacturers /
sellers of neat stuff
Extreme Antique Computer Parts
Babbage Engine Parts
Phone Books & Directories