8051s and 8051s with flash and one more thing
- Last month we were talking about 8051-derivatives with flash memory. I said
I thought WaferScale had one and Ting said they just had a second chip
solution. Ting was correct, they have a good one with I/O etc on-board and a
CPLD incorporated as well:
- Speaking of programmable logic for 8051s, here is the vendor who has an
8051 core with programmable logic on-chip:
- Here is a list of 8051-derivatives. As you can see, there are a few with
- Here are some interesting books:
- Here is the (small at the moment) 8051 web ring::
- Here is an EDN article which provides an overview of the latest and
greatest, a substantial discussion of Flash, along with a veritable railroad
switchyard of links:
The thing I liked best about this article is the sales figures $4.8 billion
this year for 8-bitters versus $3.6 billion for 16 bitters and 452 million for
32 bits. I would not have guessed anywhere near the correct $ ratio.
- Partial Non-sequitor. Here is another chip, TCP/IP Stack in Silicon:
- And now for something completely different. I was talking about the USS
Adml. Grace Hopper (DDG70) last month.
Completely off the track:
- Here is another ship which might interest you. They are building a replica
of Amistad at Mystic Seaport, CT:
The keel laying ceremony for Amistad II was in March, 1988 and they expect
to commision her June 2000.