Call for Presenters
Saturday, November 19th
1175 Bordeaux Dr.
Forth Day 2005 celebrates the Forth Programming
Language and will feature Charles Moore, inventor of Forth, in the
If you would like to have meeting announcements e-mailed to you,
send the message Subscribe SVFIG Meeting Agenda to:
SVFIG is now accepting proposals for talks at this year's
Forth Day. Presentations may cover any topic that is Forth-related. If
you are interested in participating, please send as soon as
- the title of your talk,
- a two-sentence to one-paragraph abstract,
- an estimate of time you need,
- requests for special accommodations (audio/video needs),
- your preference for presenting in the morning or
Of course, you are more than welcome to attend Forth Day
even if you are not presenting.
A complete schedule of Forth Day activities will be
posted on this website as soon as it is finalized.
SVFIG maintains a meeting announcement
emailing list and a discussion emailing list. You are welcome to subscribe
to either or both.
If you are interested in participating in or need more
information about Forth Day or SVFIG activities or would like to
volunteer or suggest a speaker, please contact the SVFIG Program Chairman,
- Introductory comments
- Welcome - George Perry
- Treasurer's Report - John Rible
- Call for Participation - Kevin Appert
- Lunch - provided by CH Ting
- Forth Chip Infrastructure - Jeff Fox
BIOS for parallel Forth, service providers, a RAM server, and the concept of
forthlets - these are stories of developing development environments and the
use of Forth in many flavors that Jeff will present.
- Sudoku - John Rible
John will describe his
efforts on recoding Robert Spykerman's Sudoku code for Chuck's multiprocessor
- Title of talk is forthcoming - Michael
Michael will talk about a paradigm shift for parallel
math and a design for a forthlet interpreter forthlet.
- Forth Stamps - CH Ting
Ting will present a
stamp computer based on Analog Devices's ADuC7020, a single chip computer
featuring 1 MSPS, ADC, 4 DACs, and many other peripherals.
- New Products for Forth Embedded Systems - Dave
Dave will survey some newly introduced microcontrollers and I/O
peripherals that can provide useful and unique capabilities to Forth embedded
- SwiftForth - Bob Nash
Windows API, DLLs,
Objects, and an up-to-date programming environment are features of SwiftForth
from FORTH, Inc. that Bob will overview and demonstrate.
- Carbon MacForth - George Perry
demonstrate the features of this Forth for the Macintosh.
- Fireside Chat - Chuck Moore
enlighten us with his recent Forth-related activities.
SVFIG welcomes everyone's participation at its monthly meetings.
There are many ways to contribute:
- bring in a hardware or software item to discuss,
- present a topic in an area of expertise,
- discuss a book, paper, website, new product, new application,
or an article in Forthwrite, or
- talk about a current project.
If you would like to present at an SVFIG meeting, contact